EC owners may put up their unit for sale on the open market once they have met the minimum occupation period (MOP) from the date of Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP).
If you are looking to buy an EC unit on the open market that have met the MOP, please check if you meet the following eligibility conditions. Please note that these are considered private properties and the resale transaction will be completed by your solicitors at their office.
Purchase of resale Executive Condo units is not eligible for any CPF housing grants. Second-timers are not required to pay a resale levy when buying an EC unit that have met the MOP on the open market.
– Can be single or family
– To buy an EC that has obtained the TOP within the last 10 years, you must be either a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR)
– To buy an EC that has obtained the TOP for more than 10 years, there is no citizenship requirement. Foreigners and corporate bodies can buy such properties
Check out the list of EC TOP dates here.
– Aged at least 21 for individuals
– No age requirement for corporate bodies
Monthly household income ceiling
– There is no monthly household income ceiling
As resale Executive Condo (EC) units are private residential property:
– If you own an existing HDB flat, please check that you have met the MOP for your flat before buying a resale EC unit.
– SPR households must dispose of their HDB flats within 6 months of buying a resale EC unit
– There is no requirement to dispose of your existing private properties after buying a resale EC unit
If you have any questions about your eligibility to buy EC on the open market, you may contact us via the form below.
For more details, feel free to call or contact us for more details by filling the Form below.