You will need to qualify for the EC under one of these eligibility schemes:
1. Public Scheme
2. Fiancé/Fiancée Scheme
3. Orphans Scheme
4. Joint Singles Scheme
1. You must be a Singapore Citizen
2. At least 1 other applicant must be a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident
3. All singles must be Singapore Citizens if applying under the Joint Singles Scheme
1. At least 21 years old
2. At least 35 years old, if applying under the Joint Singles Scheme
Your household income must not exceed $16,000 income ceiling.
1. You do not own other property overseas or locally, or have not disposed of any within the last 30 months
2. You have not bought a new HDB/ DBSS flat or EC, or received a CPF Housing Grant before; or, have only bought 1 of these properties/ received 1 CPF Housing Grant thus far
These are the CPF Housing Grants available for Executive Condominium (EC) purchases from developers:
1. Family Grant
2. Half-Housing Grant
You and any co-applicants must be eligible for the grant at the point of booking the EC.
You will be considered a first-timer applicant if you have not received any housing subsidy from HDB, which means that you must not:
– Be the owner of a flat bought from HDB
– Have sold a flat bought from HDB
– Have taken the CPF Housing Grant to buy an EC, Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flat or an HDB resale flat, or taken over ownership of such a flat or EC
– Have transferred the ownership of a flat bought directly from HDB, or an HDB resale flat bought with a CPF Housing Grant
– Have ever taken other forms of housing subsidy, such as Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme benefits or privatisation of HUDC estate
You can apply for the Citizen Top-Up of $10,000 when a qualifying member of your SC/SPR household obtains Singapore citizenship. You need to submit your application to HDB within 6 months of being eligible for it.
You and your family members listed in the EC application must dispose of your existing flat within 6 months of taking possession of the EC unit.
You and your spouse will be considered to have taken a housing subsidy when you buy an EC from developers.
If you are from an SC/ SPR household, you can apply for the Citizen Top-Up when your SPR family member takes up Singapore Citizenship or when you have an SC child.
ECs can only be sold in the open market after the 5-year MOP (from TOP date) has been met.
Occupiers who are essential in forming a family nucleus with you in the EC application must continue to be listed in the application, and stay in the EC during the 5-year MOP. They cannot make a separate application, or be listed as occupiers in another application to buy an HDB flat or another EC within the MOP.
Renting out the whole EC unit within the 5-year MOP is not allowed.
You do not need prior approval from HDB to rent out the bedrooms in your EC within the MOP. However, you must register the renting out of bedrooms with HDB within 7 days of doing so. You are also required to notify HDB when you renew or terminate the renting out of bedrooms, and when there are changes to your tenants’ particulars. You can go to the HDB Branch managing your EC to register the renting out of rooms.
After selling your EC in the open market, you must wait 30 months before you can submit an application to buy any of these:
– A new flat from HDB
– An apartment under the Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) from developers
– Another EC from developers
If you previously bought a new flat from HDB, Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flat or Executive Condominium (EC) from a developer, or received a CPF Housing Grant, you need to pay a resale levy when you purchase your next home (EC).
Half-resale levy for Singles Grant recipients
If you are a Singles Grant recipient, you only need to pay half the resale levy amount when you subsequently form a family and buy a second subsidised flat (EC).
Resale levy amount for first subsidised flat sold on or after 3 March 2006
Resale levy amount for first subsidised flat sold between 19 May 1997 to 3 March 2006
The resale levy payable is determined at the point you book your EC unit. It applies regardless of ownership type (joint-tenancy or tenancy-in-common) or shared interest in the EC unit. Payment can only be made by way of your flat sale proceeds and/ or cash. HDB mortgage financing will not be extended to the payment of a resale levy.
For more details, feel free to call or contact us for more details by filling the Form below.